I’m a doctor not a helper: A Simple guide to FC Help
Most RPCWHA seem to give FC Help, yet, I always seem to see the same suggestions on the dash. Of course, not everyone knows many possible faceclaims, and the helper might have their favorites, but your job is to help people in need of one here, and, if they ask you, they probably already scrolled down your favorite faceclaims tag to see if they’d find inspiration. What they need is help to find an FC that would fit their vision of the character, in that little spaceship called imagination in the universe that is their brain. Here’s a few tips on how to be the best at FC Help.
- List as many possibilities a you can find. That one is pretty obvious, but even if there’s one you’re not completely sure fits, write them down, and add besides why you thought of them and the problems you have with them. Keep them no matter what, because maybe the asker is a bit unsure and will find these perfect.
- Use any resources you can find. Any of them. Whether it’s FC lists on tumblr, actors list on listal or IMDB, or simply google. Yes, sometimes googling ‘blue eyed actors’ can help more than any brainstorming would. If you don’t exactly know where to find these, scroll down a bit and, if you can read, you’ll be able to find a few places with nice FC lists for you.
- When in need of siblings suggestions, ask your little Google friend if they know of any family template for this person, or check if some other people didn’t already answer a similar question. It can give you some other ideas, and you can definitely link your answer to these answers as well. Though, never do this and post a copy pasted answer without a credit. It’s extremly rude, and is considered stealing.
- You’re stuck? Ask for help. Asking for help can be pretty useful, and you don’t even have to add every suggestion you might get from friends or fellow RPHs. It’ll just be a great way to find about new faceclaims you may not know about, and make your answers more diverse. Of course, if you use an idea that isn’t yours, credit the person who gave it to you.
- Try to link your suggestions to pictures, and give the age of the suggested FCs, or an age range. Of course, it will take you some more time, but you wanted to help, didn’t you? If the asker doesn’t know the FC you’re suggesting, just having to click their name for more information or a picture will make it way easier for them.
- Do not whitewash. This is incredibly important. Unless the person sending you a request specifically asked for a white faceclaim, or any specific background, do not give them a list of white faceclaims.
- Try to give suggestions that do not always fall under the extremly used label. Before they came to ask you, there’s a lot of chances your asker already thought of Logan Lerman, the One Direction or Selena Gomez, these faceclaims you can find in almost every roleplay. If you think they’d fit, of course you can suggest them, but try to diversify your answer, and if suggesting Selena Gomez, try to find also some underused FCs to suggest.
Various faceclaims lists on tumblr
- Fchelpers FC Lists
- lazyresources masterlists
- RP-themehelper’s favorite Asian FCs
- Cinematicroleplayer’s masterlist of POC faceclaims
- Thatfrenchhelper’s FC Lists
- Dontmesswithrpcw’s Faceclaim table
- RPHelper FC Lists
- East and South Asian Faceclaim Master resource
- Poshhelpers 100+ Males and Females who can pass for High Schoolers
- Dapperfchelp’s fc masterlists
- Indonesian Faceclaims by resourcingculture
- Tonkinrpa males faceclaims masterlist
- Native American FC Masterlist by poshhelpers
- 100 Native American and First nation faceclaims by thepucksterisinrph
But, Bones, what do I type in google to get the result I want?
First, off, don’t call me Bones. My name is Leonard and this nickname is extremly stupid. Then, it’s pretty simple. Ask this lovely website exactly what you need and it will give it to you. Let’s say someone asked you for a redhead that looked quite bubbly, between eighteen and twenty two years old. With such a request, I can either check a few FC lists, or simply ask google to get me a ‘list red haired actresses’. The first five links are exactly this, X X X X and X. All of these could be useful. The first four ones, lists from IMDB, Ranker and listal all have pictures joined to the lists. Just look at these. Note down the ones you think would fit, depending on their pictures, movies they’ve been in and such. Then, you just have to answer. It’s really simple as this.
These three sites, Wikipedia and Google can find you lists for pretty much any kind of faceclaim you might need. Really. So use it. These are not tribbles, there’s not any weird trick behind this tip. It will just make your life easier. Just use it. Or learn about all FCs in the galaxy, but unless you’re some kind of living encyclopedia -or a Vulcan-, it might be a tidbit difficult. - McCoy
The Bridge Edits: FChelpers also made a guide giving away all their secrets. You can check it out here